Lambda Eta Omega Chapter
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
This page was last updated: July 15, 2017
I. Educational Enrichment
- ASCEND (January - June) and Backpack Drive
II. Health Promotion
- Community Impact Day will be February 3, 2017 – Pink Goes Red for Heart Health.
- Kick Off Rally with Alzheimer’s Association – 1st AKA Research Reception at UAB – May 30th 5:30 PM
- June (Alzheimer’s Brain Awareness Month)-The Longest Day. July- (Mental Health Awareness)
III. Family Strengthening/Child Hunger
The chapter members, family members, and
friends are asked to dance from 6 pm – 7 pm
or dance the night away on Feb. 3, 2017.
- May 20th - AKA 1908 Playground Mobilization Project at The Love Center
- Open House - 35 Years of Existence/Renovation Project – June 4th from 3-5 PM ( The chapter will provide refreshments and donate paper products)
IV. Environmental Ownership
- Acts of Green (Focus on the 3 R’s: RECYCLE, REUSE and REDUCE)
The month of March, the chapter will focus on
RECYCLING. Ex: plastic bottles (water;
sodas); deposable plates and cups, junk
mail, shredded paper, ink cartridges,
plastic CD and DVD cases, cardboard.
- April 22nd Earth Day (Trashion Fashion Show)
V. Global Impact:
Global Classroom Project